Thirteen reasons why it's good to see rain in Dallas in the summer.
1. Maw doesn't have to run the sprinkler system.
2. Not running the sprinkler system means that she doesn't have to clean the heads or dig the dirt out from around them, or adjust them. It's best to do this when it's really hot outside because she gets very wet doing this job. Then she gets grumpy.
3. We save money because of the ginormous drought surcharges on the water bill. Saving money means more Temptations!
4. It gives the media something else to talk about besides the heat and the drought.
5. It gives the grape farmers something to complain about. Apparently the best wines are produced from grapes grown during droughts. Yes, there really are Texas Wines.
6. It keeps our grass green.
7. It makes our grass grow, which makes Maw have to mow it.
8. We can eat the green grass in our enclosure, then come in and yak it up.
9. Maw doesn't have to water the foundation.
10. Maw doesn't have to water the vegetable garden everyday.
11. It keeps the temperatures cooler.
12. Reno can stick his head out the cat flap while it's raining and use it like an umbrella. This lets mosquitos into the house.
13. It also reminds beans that it isn't a good idea to live in a flood plain.