Ham-Micks

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #19







Thirteen Things About Having Our Claws Trimmed

1. Paw holds us while Maw trims our claws.

2. Reno has his claws trimmed first because otherwise, he'll go into deep hiding and run away for the next 3 weeks anytime Maw or Paw get close to him because he knows what torture is about to be bestowed upon him. So Maw waits until he is sound asleep, then nabs him. Then he meows at each and every clip. That's 18 meows.

3. Obi moans and groans through the whole thing. His claws hide in his long furs and it is difficult to find them.

4. Annie protests loudly and spits and hisses around the end of her pedicure session.

5. G.T. wriggles and squirms, and pulls his front paws away just as Maw gets the claw positioned in the clippers.

6. Dorf curls his feet into tight balls so that Maw has to uncurl them, then he yanks them back and curls them again. By the end of his pedicure session, he is spitting and hissing and trying to put the bitey on Maw.

7. Gatsbi runs and hides, but about 4 hours later she forgets and comes out. Then she gets grabbed. She also gets weighed after her pedicure to see how much weight she has lost on her d-i-e-t.

8. Smokey is very heavy and wriggles a lot, but doesn't say anything.

9. Jenny doesn't get pedicures. She has velcro toes. She can't be picked up, or even caught.

10. Bow only has his back claws, and they are very thick because he's a senior citizen.

11. Sally does her Sgt. Sally howl at first, but then resigns herself to getting her pedicure.

12. We endure this torture monthly.

13. When it's all over, Maw gets out the sucky monster because there are a gazillion claws on the carpet.

Luf, Us







19 comments:

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Oh the indignity of it all.
a lot of suffering, good thing it is only one day a month!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We'd fight a lot more if we didn't get our "spa day" after clippy claws. Sadie just hangs der in dad's arms an looks sad about it but I wiggle and pull my paws back and sometimes dad lets go and den mom gets mad and yells at him and ends up doing it all by herself and I don't like it when dad lets me go cuz mom is meener den hime and I hardly get to wiggle and if I pull my paw back she just grabs it again and tells me I'm a little brat and I don't like dat...*gasp* but den I gets a massawj and I like dat so....Zippy doesn't get clippy claws but she still gets a massawj which is not fair.

Daisy said...

Nail trimming time at your house is a big job! My Mommie does my clawrs. She holds my paw in one hand and clips with the other. I do not cry, but I pull, pull, pull with my paw to try to get it away from her.

Anonymous said...

Um Georgia is like Smokey, Jenny, and Bow and Sally and .... my human can't imagine clipping 10 sets of claws!

I, of course, am so well mannered.

LZ said...

That is horrible!! We hate claw time too. Latte is probably the easiest but I just hate it soo much! The LL can't do it alone so the TM has to hold me and I purr the whole time hoping he will take pity on me and let me go.

Kaze

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow. mommy is now furry thankful that we is 95% good and 5% wiggly. neifur of us howls, or hisses, or hides claws or curls feets or anyfing like that. it must be 'cause she gifs us kissies after each clip. after we're done she tickles our tummies and gifs us treats.

Lux said...

:::holds out long legs in a hug-like manner:::

Oh, my friends. My thoughts are with you.

Shaggy and Scout said...

We think Maw is probably hissing & spitting by the time all those claws are trimmed!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Pee Ess: Is Paw finished with your enclosure yet?

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Mommy flips us on our backs like we are turtles. Riley squirms, but I am a good girl. Kesey has to have his nose right in there to see what is going on. The best part is Mommy always gives us treats afterwards. -Tiki

It is very funny to watch Kesey get his claws clipped. He likes to be standing up. Mommy clips one claw. He runs and hops around in circles. She calls him back over and clips the second claw. He runs and hops around in circles. Repeat until done. Woofies are silly. - Riley

The Furry Fighter said...

oh my - thank you for this subject. my meowmie was going to trim my claws tonight but she had been put off the idea now after reading this :) hoooorayyyy!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Oh no, that sounds like a marathon. Yer Maw and Paw must be eggsawstid by the end. We haf nefurr had our claws clipped cuz climbing trees keeps them short. Mum sez they are sharp though.

Unknown said...

I don't like getting my claws clipped either. My Mum waits until I am sleeping soundly on her lap and then she tries to sneakily clip my claws, but I always wake up and try to pull my paw away, but Mum always wins.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara said...

Oh my gosh, a pedicure then the sucky monster? Torture! I've actually never had my claws clipped. I'm very good about only using them on the scratching post or outside. Kavan, however, likes to kneed Mom's face in the middle of the night with his claws, so he gets one regularly. But he is so dense he doesn't seem to mind.

I'm worried about all my kitty friends in areas of bad weather (which seems like a lot of places). I hope you are all alright.

Tara

Tink said...

Brrrr, I discovered how this feels yesterday. I don't like it, guess it's necessary...
I took over Mommy Tink's blog yesterday to introduce myself with pictures. Wanna meet me? Have a look!

Luf, Maia

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We wants to knoo how Paw holds all da kitties...does he do a burrito wrap? We won't let our Momma near us wif a clipper and she is tryin to come up wif some iders on how to safely trim our nails. Mine are so long I get caught on efurryfing.

Purrs
Abby (who needs a manicure)

Parker said...

I guess sweet Dorf can put the bitey on Maw all he wants now...

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

tell them all auntie bee loves her pedicures! they are furry good...

smiles, auntie bee