Thirteen Reasons Why We Haven't Been Around
1. Maw took Dorf to the vet dentist on Wednesday last week to have his check-up and to get his feeding tube removed. Maw was sure that Dorfie was doing great and everything was fine. The vet dentist showed Maw that Dorfie had ripped out his stitches (again) and needed more surgery to the tune of another $900. Maw was in shock and quite angry because she was sure that she and Paw had done everything correctly this time. She was also angry that neither the vet nor the vet tech noticed that Dorfie's feeding tube had extended by about 4 inches (he had pulled it out). So they went ahead and stitched Dorfie back up and removed his feeding tube.
2. Maw was telling Paw about this on the phone when her doctor beeped in to tell her that she had missed her appointment and would still be charged.
3. As soon as Maw hung up from talking with Paw and her doctor, the men installing the new windows dropped the old bathroom window into the tub, leaving 2 huge gouge marks and a dent in the tub and also broke off 6 tiles in the process.
4. So Maw & Paw go to get Dorfie Wednesday evening (this is a 2 hour round trip drive in rush hour traffic in both directions because of where we live and where the vet dentist is located). When they get there, the tech tells Maw to remove Dorfie's neck bandage in 2 days which was covering the hole where his feeding tube was located. Maw asked if the e-collar would abrade this spot. The tech didn't think it would. Of course, when Maw removed the bandage in 2 days, Dorfie immediately scratched the holy crap out of the spot and opened it up.
5. So Maw is exhausted because of spoon feeding Dorfie 5 or 6 times a day. He is getting VERY tired of this routine, and really just wants to groom instead of eating when she pops his e-collar for his feedings. She & Paw have been wiping his incision spot twice daily and bandaging it with roll gauze and vet tape so he can't scratch it open. He still has another week of e-collar, meds, and spoon feeding to go.
6. Maw has a company come out on Monday to fix the tub. They tell her they will bondo the gouges, and that it won't smell as long as she keeps the window open and a fan blowing through it. They also tell her when it is done that the paint will self-level as it dries. Right. The house stank for 2 days like an auto body shop. They didn't bondo the gouges, they only painted over them. They got overspray on the toilet, and paint spatters on the bathroom floor and in the hallway from the equipment. The paint didn't self-level, and now it looks like orange peel rather than a smooth surface.
7. Summer has officially hit Dallas. We went from the 80s and rain to the upper 90s and high humidity. Maw gets REALLY grumpy in the heat of Dallas summers.
8. Bow is REALLY missing his outside cat enclosure and is beginning to pace.
9. Maw has barely been looking at the computer.
10. On Monday, Jenny was either in the garage when Paw left, or when Maw left, and got out when the garage door opened. No one knew this until around 3:00 when Obi was looking out the back door like he does when Orinch comes to eat. Maw thought it was too early for Orinch and she looked out the door, and there is little ol' Jenny looking in at her. Luckily, since Jenny was an inside/outside cat for about 8 years before Davy was killed, she knows how to leap privacy fences and where the back door is so that she can be let back in.
11. Maw's "to-do" list keeps growing instead of shrinking.
12. The stupid font on this post keeps changing and Maw is getting tired of farting around with it!!!!
13. We haven't had much to say because when Maw is stressed, we get stressed. Although we haven't been yakking nearly as much since we can't go outside in our cat enclosure anymore. And this makes Maw VERY HAPPY....
Maw would like to know if any of your beans have as much trouble with contractors as she does. When she had our new carpeting put down several years back, the men were moving her china hutch and ripped the bottom of it right off the base. When she had the risers installed under her new front load washer and dryer, the guys tore up the vinyl flooring in the laundry room. When she had a painter do the kitchen and bathrooms with skip trowel and a faux finish, he scratched up her brand new stainless steel sink, broke her bathroom mirror and left stain splatters on her flooring and wall outlets. Does Maw have really bad luck, or does the service industry pretty much suck anymore? Oh yeah, Maw joined "Angie's List" yesterday so that she can see locally recommended contractors and such. Although right now, she is really burnt out on having contractors come into our house and screw things up.