Another Thirteen reasons why it's good to see rain in Dallas in the summer.
1. Maw still doesn't have to run the sprinkler system.
2. We have had 6 inches of rain here at the Forty Paws since Sunday night.
3. We saved $60 on the water bill over this same period last year. Saving money means more Temptations!
4. Now the media is complaining about all the rain.
5. Yesterday on the talking picture box, one man who lives in a flood plain in a trailer actually admitted that living where he does comes with risks, but that when the weather is nice, it's a great and a cheap place to live. Usually the people are complaining that the government should be doing more to prevent the flooding.
6. We saved $50 on the electricity bill over this same period last year because it has been much cooler with all of the cloud cover.
7. We can track in lots of mud from our enclosure because it is a mud hole now. This gives Maw something to clean up besides yak.
8. It gives the media lots to talk about and they even extend their news coverage to show lots of pictures of all the flooding and water rescues.
9. Maw definitely doesn't have to water the foundation.
10. Maw definitely doesn't have to water the vegetable garden everyday.
11. The media can continuously remind beans not to drive their monster machines into water, and beans can continuously not listen and do so anyway.
12. Reno quit sticking his head out the cat flap while it's raining. He's tired of that game.
13. It's great napping weather, and who loves napping more than us here at the Forty Paws???