1. There are 2 seasons. Summer and The Rest of the Year
2. There are tons of people.
3. There are lots of things to do, from symphonies, to Broadway Musicals, to Willie Nelson's 4th of July Picnic, to Six Flags, to Horse Racing, to Nascar Racing, zoos, museums, lakes. You name it, you can probably find it here.
4. There are no mountains. Period.
5. There are tons of places to shop. North Park Mall is famous for drawing in celebrities and "rich people".
6. There are LOTS of rich people here. Old rich and nouveau rich. California people love to transfer here because they can buy mansions with what they were paying for their previous houses.
7. Housing is very affordable, but property taxes are VERY EXPENSIVE because there is no state income tax. Sales tax is kinda high also. 8.25% where we live.
8. A lot of people have pools. (Because it's so hot)
9. A lot of people hire out their yardwork. (Because it's so hot)
10. The whole Dallas/Ft. Worth area and its surrounding cities is called the "Metroplex", and it is HUGE.
11. As we've said before, you have to water your foundations to prevent them from cracking and your walls splitting open when the clay soils dry out and shrink.
12. There are still coyotes and bobcats in the outlying suburbs.
13. There are tons of restaurants here.